All about us
Marsh’s Funeral Service was founded in 1866 by Bernard Marsh and his family, who lived within the funeral home which at that time was situated on London Road, Newcastle.
Marsh’s were the first Funeral Director in Newcastle to have black horses, carriages and a stable block. The horses were exercised at Lyme Valley.
In the early 1900’s, the funeral home relocated to its present location at 36 Friarswood Road. The building was built by a well known builder in the local area.
In the late 1950’s, Bernard’s daughter and her husband, Brian Bishop, took over the business, building on the success Bernard had brought to the business. Marsh’s Funeral Service served a wide area which included the Westlands, Whitmore, Baldwins Gate, Ashley and Loggerheads as well as the local Newcastle area.
Today, the business is managed by a team of dedicated professionals, who strive to continue the same values and principles first established so many years ago.
“We are proud to serve the local community and surrounding areas and hope to continue for many years to come.”